Friday, March 21, 2008

What the trunk!

This is just a quick snippet on an experience I had yesterday with the trunk. My next project is to weather seal, insulate, and carpet the trunk. So my new trunk seals came in yesterday and I promptly installed one on the body and one on the lid. Makes sense right? So after the new pretty seals are on I try to shut the truck. Attempt #1: the lid bounces back up at me. Attempt #2: same as #1. Attempt #3: SUCCESS; with quite a bit more force I might add. Happy with those results I decide to start laying the moist-stop layer to the floor of the trunk. Only one problem: the trunk won't open. Yes, it was unlocked and the latch was not engaged but still she was tightly "sealed". I tugged and tugged and nothing. I even stood on the bumper and lifted with all my might. Nothing. Turns out you're not suppose to have both seals on, just one or the other. After I slammed it shut the third time the two seals meshed together and jammed the lid tight. I had to use a screw driver inbetween the lid and the body to very carefully push the seal off. Eventually the lid popped open. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

MGBeags said...

Keep your head up Mike. You're still Baby Jesus's little sunbeam.

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

So stinkin' funny... too much of a good thing, I guess.

The Beagleys said...

What the trunk! Oh, I laughed about that for hours! ;) Ok, not really, but I did chuckle! Hey, sorry to hear the kids at your church aren't as smart as the kids I teach...I guess it just goes to show who the smarter teacher is! ;) That would me, in case you're wondering! I also see that you have started sending messages to yourself and I'm very concerned Mike! Have you thought about seeing a doctor? I know one if you're interested! ;)